Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday 8/24/09

I had a GREAT workout with Chad today. It left me exhausted and gasping for breath, but not crippled for the rest of the day. I worked out with two other people today. They were super in shape and we all did the same thing, which made me feel good. They did one more round of the circuit than I did, but they were huffing and puffing the ENTIRE time, just like someone else who was in the gym. I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to others when it comes to exercising (or life in general) but I did, and do and probably always will. I think it's natural to compare.
Today's circuit:
Flip a tractor tire 10 times
15 Pull Ups (or, attempt to do 15 pull ups)
Lift 20 pounds (in each arm) 20 times from ground, to shoulders, to the sky.
Pound the aforementioned tractor tire 25 times (each arm) with a sledgehammer (VERY satisfying after having to flip the thing!)
30 frog leaps.
The weekend was good. Very low key, very low carbohydrate. :)
I made lots of eggs and lots of meat.
The high protein is giving me a stomach ache, especially in the morning, but it is getting better. I'm incorporating lots of vegetables into my omelette's and am trying to find ways to trick myself into not missing carbohydrates.
For example (this is something I've done for awhile, but started doing again now that I'm on this high protein plan), have you ever eaten bolognese over steamed broccoli and cauliflower instead of pasta? The cauliflower seems starchy (even though it is not) and the crunchiness of the vegetables is very satisfying!
I'm allowed to eat fruit on Sunday, so I made a yummy dish (my mom made it a few months ago while she was visiting me) with cucumber, apple and onion. Dice everything and mix together.
Drizzle olive oil and rice vinegar.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
Enjoy!
Very refreshing, summery and good for satisfying salty/crunchy cravings.
I was getting SO sick of eating so many almonds, until I found delicious Marcona Almonds! I bought regular and rosemary at Trader Joe's and they are delicious. 2 grams of fat more than regular almonds (so I eat a few less) and 1 gram LESS carbohydrates! YUM.

2 comments:

  1. Trader Joe's has the best nuts...even their regular almonds are better than anyone else! Gotta love TJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. taylor! i'm thrilled you found the diabetic diet! and i can't even tell you how obsessed i am with your challenge, ok so mostly the name of it. i'm still laughing. oh man, i can get you a meal plan that will have the weight falling off you. my nutritionist gave it to me when i was first diagnosed. she meant for it to help with my blood sugars, but it helped me lose weight more than anything! if you want i can email it to ya-or if you want me to send you anything else, let me know! i'm all for your challenge and yes...yes i will keep reading daily!

    ReplyDelete